Friday, November 03, 2006

Showered With Love...


Thank you to all of our friends and family who attended our baby showers. Everyone was so thoughtful in helping us to celebrate the arrival of our baby. Our baby wasn't even here yet, and was showered with gifts and love from all.

I am so grateful that 1 - I work at a fantastic school but 2 - I work with some of my best friends! Amy Warner hosted a shower for all of my girlfriends and colleagues at Sand Creek Intermediate at her home. At the end of the school year my teaching team, Kathy Price, Kathy Giunta and Jon Baker, along with ~100 of my students threw me a surprise shower at school. All of the kiddos bought books for the Little Reusser's library. Needless to say I was a little overwhelmed and moved by everyone's' generosity from the school community.

The celebration didn't stop there... We had three more showers to go! Gina Nidlinger and Lisa Duzan hosted a shower for me to get together with my home town girlfriends. Mandy Payne, Jeani Newton and Margi Byram hosted a brunch for family and friends of the family. Allison and Tim Maines hosted a backyard BBQ for a couples shower.

We were showered with blankets, diapers, toys, keepsakes and baby gadgets. Who knew that one little person required so much stuff. My favorite thing to do was look through everything again and again. The celebrations really got me excited about being a mommy!

No comments: