Thursday, November 30, 2006

Girls of Adventure...


Throughout Tybee Island are these painted sea turtles. They can be found along the roadside and at the bus stops. They have all different characters and colors... very cool!

Addie and I have been out and about on the town of Savannah. We have been to the mall, the grocery store and Toys R Us. I have come to realize that everything in this town is located mainly on one street, Abercorn. If you can get there, you can get anywhere... shopping, historical downtown, the islands, etc.

Yesterday, Addie and I went out to Tybee Island. We shopped at little roadside and seaside shops and boutiques. I bought some sea turtle merchandise that I am really excited about. We had lunch outside at StingRays. We visited the Tybee Island Science Center and learned more about sea turtles and egg hatching/nest watches. Needless to say, if we are going to be a part of that experience we have to come back and visit between May and August. (For those of you who don't know, I LOVE sea turtles! Addie's nursery is done in wimsical waves and sea turtles.)

It was a gorgeous day and I wanted to lay out on the beach. Addie and I were enjoying a nap on the beach when I started to realize that maybe this wasn't the best way to spend the afternoon. People started scattering when 10-12 surfers showed up. I looked out at the ocean and the waves were huge and just beyond that one very large and dark cloud was looming. I started packing everything up. (For all other mothers reading this, you know that this process sometimes isn't always as quick as we would like it to be.) I was struggling to drag Addie and the stroller through the sand to the boardwalk that led to our van. Just as I got Addie in the van, it started pouring... not a shower, a down pour! When I got around to my side of the van, I was soaking wet with my clothes, hair and sand stuck to me. Oh well, I wasn't there for a fashion show!

No comments: