Thursday, May 31, 2007

WOWZERS!!!

Yeah, that's exactly what I yelled out loud at Kroger today, just before I checked out. (Not my coolest or smoothest moment, I know.) I was mad at myself for even being at the grocery store tonight. I was there 3 days ago and knew I needed olives for a recipe... well, one guess what item didn't make it into my shopping cart on Monday. So I pick up my olives and was headed to the check out line when something caught my eye. There before me on a clearance table, were packages of Pampers Cruisers for $5.16!!! (This is NOT a typo!) They were marked for quick sale so they could restock shelves tonight. I had $1 off coupons on top of that price so I got 5 packages of diapers for ~$20!!! If you're not in the diaper buyin' business, this story won't mean a lot to you. The check-out boy obviously wasn't in the business of buyin' diapers, because he was so baffled by my giddiness and excitement. I was so excited in fact, when I arrived home, I told the electrician working on my laundry room light all about the bargain buy of the year. I called my mom long distance to share the good news (Who doesn't like to get phone calls about good news?) and now hours after the fact, I am blogging about it!

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

ahh, yeah...I am more than jealous! Since I just got 84 diapers at Target today for $19.88...I did have a coupon but missed out on their sale last week!
Way to go on the great deal, my friend!!!