Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Little Miss Fun...

The shirt says it all!!!
I was so excited when 2 of my 5th grade students walked into class wearing "little miss" t-shirts. The Little Miss series were some of our favorites picture books growing up. They had no idea the fashionable characters on their teenie-bopper couture were from picture books. I ran home that night sifted through my box in the attic labeled "ANGIE" and found 3 of the books. Then I headed to the store and got a t-shirt for myself and one for Mandy. (I got her "Little Miss Trouble.") The next day I shared the books with the girls and they couldn't believe I still had them from my childhood. I felt a little old (I will be turning 30 in a few short months) but in a very cool, vintage sort of way. I have since learned that our beloved series is being reprinted for a new generation of readers to enjoy. I think the first one I buy Addie will be Little Miss Sunshine!

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

I LOVED those books too and just recently saw where they were being reprinted!
I LOVE the shirt...it is PERFECT..You are Little Miss LOTS of fun!!!
Hope to see you soon!