Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day...




We were lucky to visit with both of our mother's this weekend. Phyllis spent the night with us on Friday and we all went out to eat. We visited for several hours around the patio fire before calling it a night. My Mom, Grandma Tovey and Dad all came in town on Saturday to visit and have dinner. Sunday Doug woke up with Addie and made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. He did yard work and planted all of the flowers that he had bought me for Mother's Day. Sounds like a pretty pleasant weekend, right? There is a reason I'm not in any of the above pictures. I was in bed the entire weekend with the stomach flu and a fever. I guess this was my "teacher appreciation" gift last week from my students! I swear, it really is a bummer being sick on the weekend that celebrates my new and most beloved title of mother. It's pretty pathetic that I can't even hold my own daughter on Mother's Day!

My Mom, Addie and Doug all got me picture books. Addie got me I Love You So..., an adorable book that attempts to explain to a small child how deep a parent's love is for them and Mommy Hugs by one of my favorite children's board book authors Karen Katz. Doug got me A Mama for Owen, the picture book version of the Owen & Mzee book he got for me last year. My Mom got me Someday, about a journey through life with your daughter. I would like to blame the flood of tears on my delusional state of mind while running a 101' fever, but these books really tugged at the heart strings!

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

I am so sorry to hear you were sick for your first Mother's Day! YUCK!!!
Great moms must think a like though...because my mom got me the EXACT same book that you your mom got you! Scary sometimes!
Happy Mother's Day to a great mommy!
Love you all!
Alli