Thursday, February 22, 2007

An Unexpected Day Off...

On Wednesday morning, we received the first of two phone calls at 5:45 am that we would have a 2-hour delay due to dense freezing fog. We literally couldn't see any of our neighbors houses or street lights. It was pretty freaky, but the effect on the tree branches was beautiful. I busted a morning move to work out, play with Addie and get both of us ready with plenty of time to spare so we could take it extra slow on our way into daycare and school... keep in mind, both destinations are within 5 minutes of our house. I was feeling like SUPER MOM!!!

Well, in the 5 minutes that I whisked my daughter out the door and headed to daycare, I missed the second phone call stating that school had been canceled. Miss Kathy at daycare, looked at me and told me to turn right around and go home, because I didn't have to work today. Anyone who is a mother, knows that getting ready and getting out the door on time is a task in itself... and this attempt was a wasted one!

Good news is Addie and I got to play house again! Addie loves her musical flower garden!
Addie loves her big brother, Tucker, even more!

No comments: