Saturday, February 03, 2007

6 Months Old...

Like my new PJs?
It's been said that there is no love, like that of a mother's. Each of the past 6 months has brought us overwhelming excitement and joy as we have witnessed the world through the eyes of our baby girl. Addie's daily smiles and giggles are a reminder that there are such sweet rewards in slowing down, enjoying each other and taking time for family & friends. She is a little butterball of spunk, who's latest talents of tumbling over, bouncing in her jump-a-roo, dancing in her exersaucer and "singing" to music have kept everyone entertained. She is a true LEO and loves the spotlight... There may be a future on Broadway for this little star! But with all of the excitement during the day, it leads up to my favorite time with Addie... Bedtime. She loves naked time and splashing around in the bath tub. We sing and laugh and each of us gets a chance to be silly for the sake of being silly. Truth be told, I am addicted to snuggling with her in my rocker while listening to lullabies as she sinks into a deep sleep for the night. I love the sweet smell of milk and honey on her skin and hair. I just stare at her while she is sleeping in her crib and can't believe how lucky I am to feel this much love.

No comments: