Thursday, November 06, 2008

"What She Really Meant to Say" by Doug Reusser

Being Little Miss Patriotic Polly, I woke up at the crack of dawn and headed to my voting site at 6:00 am. I was totally ready to wear my "I Voted (Incorrectly) " sticker proudly today! An hour and a half later, I wasn't even inside the building (Maybe my husband, friends, and In laws were right, I should reconsider my Vote). I waved the white flag and headed to work, totally bummed and needing lots of coffee! I talked with my principal (He told me to vote for McCain) and he told me to go back at prep/lunch, but all-be-darned if the line wasn't even longer (It was another sign that I should have voted for McCain ) I didn't even get out of my car this time. I decided that I would give one more attempt to do my patriotic duty and it totally paid off... I got to vote, and only waited in line for about 30 minutes! (By sheer coincidence, Doug was ( Voting correctly) 3 people ahead of me, which was a nice surprise. Nothing like an election day date.) JUST LIKE ANY DATE I'M GOING TO PAY FOR HER DECISION!!!

The Following was brought to you by the (I TOLD YOU SO PARTY '08)!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FUNNY! Don't worry... My household voted "correctly".

mikol5 said...

Angie, we had a split vote in our household too, so alas when the Obama campaign workers asked me to volunteer I had to decline less I cause major upset in the household.
Glad you stuck to your guns. Obviously the ladies had it right! Take care, Debbie