Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Third Time Is a Charm...

Being Little Miss Patriotic Polly, I woke up at the crack of dawn and headed to my voting site at 6:00 am. I was totally ready to wear my "I Voted " sticker proudly today! An hour and a half later, I wasn't even inside the building and my school day was starting in 20 minutes. I waved the white flag and headed to work, totally bummed and needing lots of coffee! I talked with my principal and he told me to go back at prep/lunch, but all-be-darned if the line wasn't even longer than it was this morning! I didn't even get out of my car this time. I decided that I would give one more attempt to do my patriotic duty and it totally paid off... I got to vote, and only waited in line for about 30 minutes! (By sheer coincidence, Doug was 3 people ahead of me, which was a nice surprise. Nothing like an election day date.)

No comments: