Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Story...





Sunday, October 5th, 2008, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. The service I attended was part of the "Life on Loan" series at Northview Christian Life Church. This series of sermons and lessons dealing with how we choose to spend our moments on this earth, single handily changed me for the better, in particular the service that morning. Countless individuals, couples and families publicly acknowledged that they were living sinful, hypocritical and unfaithful lifestyles until they accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. As the service progressed, I saw painful bits of my life and the reality of my earthly existence flash before my eyes and weigh on my heart. It was at that moment that the constant whispers I had been ignoring and pushing away to deal with later, became a true conversation with God. It was also my day to promise to be a better person, to serve others for a greater good, to forgive past wrongs and bring my faith to the forefront in my life. I realize that my life on earth is a gift from God. He has bestowed me with the talents and the means to do good deeds, to help my fellow neighbor and to be a better Christian through His grace and glory.
This weekend I was baptized in front of my congregation, my family and my friends. I chose to be baptized as an outward expression and promise that my faith has become a priority in my life. Thank you to everyone who has help me celebrate this wonderful new beginning!

4 comments:

The Ranek Family said...

congratulations! We were honored to be there for it:)

The Maines Family Blog said...

I was glad to be there and a part of it. You are a beautiful women from the inside out and I am so blessed that you are my friend!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Wish we could have been there. Love ya - Mandy

Anonymous said...

Imagine how happy you have made our Lord! The angels in heaven sing when someone else joins those of us saved by God's grace. May you always turn your face toward your loving heavenly father throughout each day. You will never again walk alone in any circumstance, because God is with you...and so are all your family in God. Bless you. Kathy's Aunt H