Saturday, August 02, 2008

I'm A Big Kid Now!!!

For those of you who don't have toddlers... you won't give a "crap" about this post until it happens in your house. I've become the mother, I swore I would never become! I'm talking about pee-pee, poop and toots... and to top it off, I drive a mini-van!
Sporting the BIG KID panties!
Folks we are definitely moving in the right direction with potty training. She has been waking up dry from naps and even in the mornings. This prompted me to buy Addie her first little package of panties... GAWD I love her tiny hiny in them! The first time she ran out of bathroom with them on, I teared up because she looked so grown up.
Addie has successfully gone one full day (morning to night) with no accidents in her panties! She loves using her potty and isn't even interested in rewards, simply clapping or a high-five is all she really wants. You can see the pride in her little face when she completes a #1 and even a #2 on her big girl potty. I know we still have a long road ahead of us, but it is very exciting from a mother's perspective.

3 comments:

The Maines Family Blog said...

Ok...that is HUGE and super exciting yet understand the little tear of she is getting so big!
WOW, Addie we are super proud of you maybe we should go get you some more big girl panties for you birthday!!!
Can you imagine not buying diapers....that will have to be a party!!!
CONGRATS on getting close!!!

Anonymous said...

What a big girl you are! Can't wait until you feel bettter so I can come give you big hugs.

The Gray Family said...

Way to go Addie!!!!