Monday, July 16, 2007

Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Mark Ernst...

You may kiss the bride!
The happy couple!
A Good Combo: Beautiful & Yummy
I'm liking the cake cutting teamwork!
Mark slam dunks into Gina's face!
I'm glad I had a chance to take some of these pictures, because to be honest I don't remember a lot about the first half of the wedding reception. I was too nervous about giving my speech!!! I was a wreck.
For those of you who know me well, you know that I don't do public speaking. I hate it! I opted out of a very easy A in speech class in high school, because I feared speaking in front of my peers so much. You will never see me behind a podium running for public office... it ain't gonna happen! My voice cracks and I get mystery red blotches that resemble poison ivy all over my upper torso. It's not pretty.
First off, I'm flying into Denver and realize that I neglected to print the speech off from my computer at home... poop! I get the speech rewritten and leave it in the wedding coordinator's car trunk... double poop! Then I find out that the best man is such a good speaker that he is winging it and doesn't need note cards... showoff! At this point I want to curl up on the floor, in the corner of room and suck my thumb!!!
Well, folks I get a HUGE pat on the back. My speech ROCKED!!! I used inner strength and whit I didn't even know I possessed. I brought up big bangs, 90210, NKOTB and many more embarrassing memories. I even had a good balance of laughter and tears from the crowd. I hope Gina realizes that I wouldn't do this for just anyone!
LYLAS Gina LuLu

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

Looks like a wonderful wedding and celebration!
You looked FABULOUS, ANGIE!!!