Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Antidote to Worry...

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:26-34 (MSG)
It is amazing the difference a year can make. One year ago, we found ourselves dealing with the loss of Matilda. Tilly would have been 6 months old. I think of her often, but understand that events have transpired since our loss that ease my pain and know that there is a greater good at work in our lives. It has been a long road to get to this place however.
For months I literally worried about my health, having more children, keeping my family together and just surviving daily life. Had this fearful way of living continued it would have strangled my perception and distracted me spiritually. As I began the new year, I knew that I had to let these fears and worries go. This was no easy task for me to begin tackling, but it has been surprisingly liberating.
Right now, God is doing amazing things in our lives every single day. Through God's blessings our marriage is as strong, if not stronger than it has ever been. It has been nothing short of amazing to see God work on both of our hearts. As we work on our marriage we feel, we have become better parents and better people in general. We are more positive and accepting of each other, because we have begun the process of handing everything over to God. Through patience, partnership and prayer, we have accomplished so much as a family.
For Valentine's Day this year, Doug got me an Adventure Book... you know the one Ellie gives Carl in the movie UP! We have a whole new year before us, full of new adventures for our family. We can't wait to share them all with you. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

The Maines Family Blog said...

I'm so happy for you and your family! I must take some lessons...
I am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures!
Love you all!
Alli

Katherine said...

I love your positive attitude! Happy Adventures!

Julie said...

You guys are so awesome! Here is wishing you a year full of new adventures!

Lacy Park said...

Love the Adventure Book....how sweet. Good luck!

The Ranek Family said...

I'm so happy for you and excited to see what all God has in store for you and your family=)
XOXO