Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Absent-Minded Mother...

I'm blaming it on the "baby brain!" Pregnancy literally ate all the functioning brain cells in my head! Memory loss, confusion and ciaos started as small "oops" in the 1st trimester, but have grown into full fledged "fart-knockers" this past year. I literally forget thoughts mid-sentence, retrace 100's of steps a day and look for lost items I held 10 minutes ago, never to be found again.

Tonight I was supposed to attend a ZUMBA class. My friend Kirsten was teaching the kickboxing/hip-hop/shake your groove thang class, and I was really excited. I rushed home, packed Addie up, dropped her off at Doug's office and headed to the class. As I waited for the class in session to end, I got the funny feeling, I wasn't in the right place. I wasn't! I drove all over the area looking for the location of the class and never found it.

This is what I get for thinking I could remember simple directions, with a place and time... jeez! Never again will I delete an email with important information. I will print off the directions and tape them to my steering wheel. Now, if only I could remember where the tape is... where did I put it???

2 comments:

The Maines Family Blog said...

You are so funny! Glad to hear I am not the only one!

The Ranek Family said...

I am with you! I used to feel so organized and "with it"... I wonder if those days will EVER return?....