Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas...

At the mall awaiting the arrival of Santa!

Addie was fasinated with her new toys. She loved her music table and ABC drum from Grandma Tovey, Nana and Grampy Newton.


This is the rocker that I received on my first Christmas from my GrMa & GrPa Tovey. Doug & I had it redone for Addie to have in her nursery.

Well, Chirstmas 2006 came and went with a blink of an eye. Addie is the best Christmas gift ever! She has been so much fun to have with us at all of our holiday celebrations. Friday we picked Mandy and Jesse up at the airport and went on to Terre Haute. Saturday we all took Addie to visit Santa, I had lunch with my girlfriends and we celebrated with the entire Newton family. The Newton family had an extra special gift for the holidays... my cousin Tiel gave birth to a healthy baby girl Friday evening. So of course all of us rushed up to the hospital to welcome Mazie Mae to the family. She is absolutely precious. Christmas Eve, Doug and I hosted a dinner and celebration for both the Reusser and Newton families. It was so much fun to watch the little ones open all their gifts. Just think, Addie will be there in the mix next year!

Today is Christmas Day and we have yet to get out of our PJs... it's a tradition! We have eaten all day long, opened gifts, played games and watched holiday movies. It is so nice to have everyone home for the holidays. I will have to admit that my favorite part of the day was early this morning. Doug and I both got up with Addie for breakfast while everyone else was fast asleep. We opened gifts and exchanged stockings. Addie curled up in my lap and we read all of our Christmas books together. It was so peaceful and gratifying to spend this time with our baby girl on her first of many, many Christmas mornings.

Addie, my Chirstmas wish for you today is to BELIEVE in miracles and small joys that warm your heart during the holidays and your whole life through. Cause baby girl, it truly is a Wonderful Life! Love - Mama

No comments: