Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Surprise Baby Shower...

Okay, they got me... I mean they REALLY GOT ME!!! Saturday afternoon, I walked into Amber's home thinking we were headed to lunch and to see a movie, but the "A Team" (Amber, Alli & Amy) had other plans. I was absolutely moved to tears when I realized that the kitchen was full of some of my favorite ladies gathered to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Little Man Eli. They hosted a surprise baseball themed luncheon and put so much time and effort into every detail... If you haven't caught on from other blog posts (There's only hundreds of them!) I L-O-V-E each of these ladies more than I will ever be able to show them or tell them!

Needless to say I was pretty emotional the entire afternoon. Not only do all of these gals shower my life with laughter, love and friendship, but today they showered me with gifts for little man. I have prayed and prayed for our family to be blessed with a baby for so many years, that I think actually celebrating the upcoming arrival of our baby, was just beyond what my heart could handle wrapped up into one afternoon. "Water Works" is the nickname I'm giving myself... Really, it was a little embarrassing how much I teared up throughout the afternoon. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara. It is such a blessing to have so many supportive and caring people to help our family celebrate Eli's life. I can't wait for each of them to meet him!

No comments: