Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sewing Seeds...

Preparing the soil
Sprinkling the seeds

Tah-dah we have the start of an herb garden!
I love the dollar isle at Target! At least once or twice a month I find the neatest little trinkets or activities to use for some quality mommy and me time... anything to keep that blasted TV off! Today we started our first ever herb garden. The educator in me couldn't help, but teach Addie that seeds need soil, water and sunlight to grow. She loved shoveling the soil into the tot-sized pots and sprinkling the seeds. Addie is hoping for flowers to grow, but I'm just hoping to see sprouts of parsley, oregano, chives and basil in the next couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Kelly Kruse said...

You are so good. That Addie's got the best teacher and classroom at home ever!!

Anonymous said...

Auntie Kay Kay and I am sure Nana is proud that Addie is starting her green thumb early. Let Kay Kay know if you want her to bring you any mint or pineapple sage or an avocado tree.