Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back To Basics...

Measuring and mixing our raspberry recipe

This is FUN mom... look at it spin!
Enjoying the "fruits" of our labors!

Target carries a brand "Back to Basics" that I love. They are retro/vintage items that remind me of my childhood. Homemade snow cones, popsicles and ice cream... yummy! I remember making all of these things as a kid in the kitchen or on the back porch and thinking how cool it was making them as a family verses going out somewhere or pulling them from a box. Saturday morning after gymnastics, Addie and I had a Back to Basics Cooking Class 101 - Homemade Popsicles. We had so much fun! We made red raspberry and blue bomber pops using frozen fruit and V8 Fusion Juice. Of course Addie wanted to eat them right away... try explaining the freezing process to a two year old! But we settled on having one after she woke up from her nap. Right when she rolled out of bed she giggled and said, "Time for popsicles mommy!" She enjoyed every last lick and I was pretty happy she just consumed a daily serving of veggies and fruit!

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

So much fun...I too remember doing this as a child! Love the idea...Bella and I might have to do the same thing!