Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lapse in Blog Posts...

If you have noticed a lapse in blog posts, it's because I have had absolutely no interest in being in front of my computer... it's kind of exhilarating actually! It's because I have become obsessed with reading my new book that I began on Tuesday... it's Thursday and I've already read 300 pages.The book is the first in a series of 4, soon to be 5, by Stephanie Meyer, entitled Twilight. I love, love, love this book! It is of a genre that I never imagined I would enjoy reading, but it is very passionately written, and I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with a vampire!

Maybe I'm excited, because it's not a Dr. Seuss board book or a Curious George beginning reader. I think I've reached a point that my bedtime prayer sometimes falls into the same rhythm as Good Night Moon!

Earlier this week I taught a lesson on book recommendations to my students. They loved sharing their favorite books with the class and creating posts for others to read. I used to read ALL the time BA (before Addie), my adult reading time has slowed in recent PA (post Addie) years. I have however read some wonderful books that range from humorous to romantic to spiritual. Reading each of these books have been a treasure and I wanted to share them with you. Happy Reading!

These books are my MUST READS:
1. Water for Elephants
2. Remember Me?
3. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
4. Quiet Strength
5. Twilight
6. A Painted House
7. Seaglass
8. A New Earth
9. Peter and the Starcatchers
10. Undomesticated Goddess

1 comment:

The Stucks said...

Angie,
I FLEW through the entire Twilight series and loved every second of it! If you want to borrow any of the other 3 in the series, I have them!! :)

-Becky