Sunday, December 09, 2007

My Man...

I spent the weekend in Terre Haute. Doug had a baseball clinic this weekend at the high school, so he didn't go with us. I'm always a little disappointed when he doesn't go somewhere with us, for the simple fact that I truly enjoy his company. (He usually has a legit reason.)

Today I came home to some surprises... he had done some home decorating projects. Usually he sticks to the construction aspect of the home building and allows me to decorate. I will have to say that the man has some domestic skills.

He hung crystal ornaments from our entryway chandelier. He arranged family photos on the wall of our staircase... went and bought frames and all. He hung all of the artwork in our basement, including our anniversary gifts... movie posters.

Doug finished our basement with his own 2 hands. He included a very nice home theater in the plans, which we enjoy on a very regular basis. For our 6th anniversary we ordered and framed 6 of our favorite movie posters.

I truly felt like I was in someone else's house. Nice job Martha, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to revoke your "man card."

2 comments:

The Maines Family Blog said...

Way to go Doug! You are a good man...as Angie has always said..."you're all hers!!!"
I am sure the house now looks great for your big party next weekend!
Enjoy all the finishing touches...Can't wait to see them!

The Ranek Family said...

Nice work Doug! It' always nice to come home to "things" being done:)