Friday, July 24, 2009

Leavin' On A Jet Plane...

Adios amigos! I am off to Nicaragua for the next 10 days. My bags are packed and I have said my goodbyes... the hardest one being to Addie. It's difficult explaining to a 3 year old that mommy is going to be gone for an extended period of time, but I have looked forward to this mission trip for months now. It's just hard to believe that it's finally here!

I am going with little or no expectations, in hopes that this allows me to take in each moment. Preparing for this trip has been a huge part of my healing process in dealing with the trials that presented themselves throughout this calendar year. I know for a fact that Nicaragua is where God intends me to be during this part of my journey with Christ. I leave tomorrow with a happy, spirited heart.

I can't wait to share all of my experiences with all of you when I return home. Please pray each day for our mission team... for our safety, our health, our faith, our families and our journeys.

Have a blessed day!
Angie

1 comment:

The Maines Family Blog said...

Angie~
You will be in our prayers...what an amazing experiences this will be and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Love & Blessings,
Alli