Thursday, February 19, 2009

Random Finding...

In a way of dealing with our current situation, I find myself trying to organize things around the house. I guess it's my way of controlling things when everything else feels out of control. I was sitting at my desk tonight in our family office and came across a service pamphlet from church dated from December. Doug and I laugh each time we carry them out of the service, commenting on why we even hold onto them... tonight I found out why. The service title on the pamphlet is "The Tough Times:Loss" I have notes and scripture scribbled all over it and I am using it as one of my first steps to start the healing process.

The 3 things that I want to use from this service are:
1. Accept what cannot be changed
2. Focus on what is left, not what is lost
3. Remember what is important and to rely on Christ

In my random scribbles is a starred note that reads "Make a list of what you are thankful for. What have you been blessed with?"

- My daughter, Addie. She truly is my miracle and gift from God that I can hug and love on each and every day.
- My husband, Doug. I love and adore him more than he will ever know. He is my check and my balance, my rock and my guide.
- My family and friends. I simply cannot imagine my life without each of you in it. Each of you are a support and a comfort in all aspects of my life. I love you all so much!
- My faith. Knowing the Lord loves us, and does not want us to suffer. He has good plans for all of us, and they are not plans to hurt us, but to give us hope and a good future.
- My health. I have a strong body and a strong mind and I intend to do good works.
- My sense of humor. I refuse to be bitter. I want to focus on the positive and be happy and thankful for all of my many blessings!

5 comments:

Kelly Kruse said...

Thinking of you very much...
What a wonderful and uplifting posting.

The McGrath Family said...

I cannot imagine what you and your family has gone through...but I must say that through everything you have shown such strength and grace. I commend you on your faith in God and His plan for your life and family and I hope that His love and strenght brings you and your family some peace in the midst of your grief. We love you and will continue to have you in our thoughts and prayers.

The Stucks said...

Angie,

You are a strong woman with strong family, faith and friends to hold you up. Beautifully written...an inspiring post.

Thinking of you...
Becky

Jesse Payne said...

I love you and look up to you in so many ways. I am here for you whenever you need me. Love ya - Mandy

The Maines Family Blog said...

Sometimes it is simply amazing how we come across "things" that prior wouldn't have meant much more than a piece of paper yet now brought such an insight to you and others! This wonderful post made me think a lot too!
Angie you are beautiful and strong woman that I know through God love, strength, and grace will find hope, love and peace through this loss! I am so blessed by your friendship and that you are in my life!!!!
We love you and are here for you whenever you need someone!!!!