Sunday, December 14, 2008

Addison Homes, Inc.

Last January, Doug and I started our own custom home building business, Addison Homes Inc. Everyone looked at us like we were the crazy people throwing away our money and time. (You can't really blame them, considering our country's current economic status and the poor housing industry.) Faithfully, we held hands, said our prayers, and jumped in fully committed to make this company work. Doug finalized plans, and we signed our life away to the mortgage company and broke ground on the spec home in February. It has been fun making weekly visits as a family to see what was completed and added as construction progressed. The only question I ever had was, when can we move in? The house is "B"-"U"-"T"-"Full".

I guess I wasn't the only one who thought so, because a family bought it this morning! I am on such a high right now, I'm beside myself! I feel like I have ADD and can't get anything accomplished!

I am so very proud of my husband for his talents and for his dedication to his family. Thank you to all of our friends and family who have supported us this year, cheered us on and kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

In addition to selling the spec home, earlier this week Doug signed another client to build for... they want to build his spec home again. I feel like that is a pretty big compliment to his finished work and craftsmanship!

You better believe that I am counting my blessings and thanking the Lord for everything we are receiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again you guys! You have a lot to be proud of!

The Maines Family Blog said...

CONGRATS!!! We knew the right family would come along and fall in love with the beautiful house Doug created with his amazing eye and talent!!!
We are so happy for Addison Homes Inc and your family!!!
Enjoy all your rewards of your hard work, dedication and love paying off!!!

The Ranek Family said...

Congratulations again guys! That has got to take a huge load off your shoulders! Just in time for the holiday:)