Saturday, May 15, 2010

Friends and Family Challenge Update...


One week has passed and we are rejoicing in the great things that have been happening since we started this challenge just last week! Even though I will not be able to travel to Nicaragua this year, I feel that God just keeps telling me to stay involved and to serve. On Wednesday I meet with a small group of people who are dedicated to both our church and to NRN. We will be part of a committee, stateside, that helps arrange and plan mission trips, promote sponsorships of students and teachers, establish contacts for sponsors, and create opportunities for supporters of NRN to meet regularly to break bread, create care packages and generate support for mission teams.

**********************************************************************

Needles to say, I left the meeting exhilarated and excited about this opportunity that God and the church have provided for me in my life. It's hard to believe that just 1 year ago, I looked at Doug and said, "Baby, I'm pretty sure, I'm supposed to go to Nicaragua this summer." I had no idea the impact this decision would have on my life, but I can't help but think this is the start of a beautiful and fulfilling journey.

**********************************************************************

Updated Totals:

SCIS Fellowship of Christian Students:

$503.50

Reusser Family Sells on Craig's List:

$650

Family & Friends:

$728


Thank you to...

Mom & Dad Newton
The Bottarelli Family
Mom & Dad Reusser
Alli Maines
The King Family

No comments: